Custom Search

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rock feud squashed: Lips’ frontman apologizes for his Arcade Fire diss

Photobucket


Refresher course on the rock battle of 2009:


Round 1: Wayne Coyne calls Arcade fire pompous, says “they really treat people like shit,” including their crew and audience. He says, “They have good tunes, but they’re pricks, so fuck ‘em.”

Round 2: Win Butler writes a wordy letter (oddly, a little pompous) saying, “Unless I was way more jet-lagged then I remember, I hope I was less of a "prick" then telling Rolling Stone that a bunch of people I don't know at all are really assholes.”


Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips averted Round 3, is now stepping outside of the ring to apologize (indirectly, via Entertainment Weekly) and put the beef to bed, saying:


“I didn't necessarily mean it about the people in the Arcade Fire. I meant it about the guys that were running their stages at a couple of festivals. I wish whatever had been said wouldn't have been taken as such a defiant statement from the Flaming Lips, because it wasn't...I really feel bad about it. I like enough of their music. The idea that I'm somehow against them...I'm not!"


Really though, calling someone a prick and saying they treat people like shit…That’s no reason for people to infer that you are somehow against them, is it?


Remember, when you grow up and become famous rock stars, try not to take yourself so seriously…


-Julie McCollum

Listening to: “I’ve Got Friends” by the Manchester Orchestra


This content is solely the property of The Athens Blur Magazine and may not be re-produced without expressed written consent. The Athens Blur Magazine is an 8 issue/year music & variety publication proud to be based in the Classic City of Athens, Ga. For more information, please contact editorial@athensblur.com


No comments:

Post a Comment