Custom Search

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oasis' Liam Gallagher all in a twitter

Photobucket

I’m sorry, I realize that I am young and in college, and therefore, according to anyone out there marketing anything to the under 30 crowd, I should be joining my peers and jumping on the whole MySpace, Twitter, Internet-on-steroids bandwagon. But I just can’t seem to make myself care what every celebrity (and a whole bunch of random people not even remotely famous) are doing every five seconds. I’m not trying to be insensitive or overly cynical, but really Brittany Spears, I just don’t care that you had the best massage of your life after your Candies shoot yesterday.  I realize that mine is not an original criticism, and that I am not the first to make a few snide comments about Twitter’s obvious pointlessness. So for those of you who share my sentiment, I discovered one of those tweets (?) that make our case against this strange revolution that much stronger. Yesterday, Liam Gallagher of Oasis decided to face what he interpreted as an insult by Tom Clarke of The Enemy like a man and… tweet about it. Gallagher apparently thought Clarke had said in an interview that Oasis is “past it” (suggesting the band is over), and proceeded to write a nasty tweet calling Clarke a “little fucker” (check out his Twitter page at http://twitter.com/liamgallagher). The Enemy is supposed to support Oasis this summer on their UK stadium tour starting June 4. Today, Clarke issued a statement (not via Twitter, unfortunately) claiming that Gallagher’s interpretation of the interview is “utter bollocks.” Clarke went on to say that “it’s an absolute honour for [Oasis] to invite us onto their tour.” Hopefully the two can work out their differences before June 4, and hopefully, for us cynics out there they do it over the Internet so we can all watch. 

-Laurie Moot

Currently listening to "Fireworks," by Animal Collective

This content is solely the property of The Athens Blur Magazine and may not be re-produced without expressed written consent. The Athens Blur Magazine is an 8 issue/year music & variety publication proud to be based in the Classic City of Athens, Ga. For more information, please contact  HYPERLINK "mailto:editorial@athensblur.com" editorial@athensblur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment