Custom Search

Friday, April 24, 2009

Top 5 Reasons We Can't Get Enough of Zooey Deschanel


1. Her unforgettable sardonic, deadpan roles in old favorites like, "Almost Famous" and "Elf."

2. Her parents named her after the male protagonist in J.D. Salinger's novella, Franny & Zooey. How cool is that?

3. The new Cotton (fabric of our lives) commercials star Zooey and her sweet vocals. She somehow makes wearing cotton look like the coolest thing in the world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFutyUrllo

4. Her musical collaboration with M. Ward called She & Him is on my iTunes Most Played and it should be on yours too. http://www.myspace.com/sheandhim

5. I saw a preview of her new movie "(500) Days of Summer," an official pick of the Sundance Film Festival, in theaters July 17 and I can't stop thinking about it. Watch the preview here.

-Kristen Lee
Currently listening to "You Really Got A Hold On Me" by She & Him

This content is solely the property of The Athens Blur Magazine and may not be re-produced without expressed written consent. The Athens Blur Magazine is an 8 issue/year music & variety publication proud to be based in the Classic City of Athens, Ga. For more information, please contact HYPERLINK "mailto:editorial@athensblur.com" editorial@athensblur.com

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this post and love that other people are fans of Zooey. She and Him was my favorite album of last year. It was neat to learn she was named after the Salinger book, especially since Franny and Zooey is perhaps my favorite Salinger story. I've been wanting to see 500 Days of Summer since last summer when I saw a trailer for it. I love her!

    ReplyDelete