Custom Search

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lady Gaga: Penniless?

Photobucket
Because of her interesting costumes and elaborate stage show expenses, Lady Gaga recently told the press that she is completely bankrupt.

According to The Sun, Lady Gaga claims, “I’ve gone bankrupt about four times now. My manager wants to shoot me! Every dollar I earn goes on the show. Now we’re finally getting to a place where it’s not bankruptcy. Then again, with another tour coming up soon I’ll probably be homeless again.”

Is this an act? Or is she being serious? I really can't tell. It's pretty hard to believe that Gaga, who has two number one singles and one number one album, is near homeless.

In the same interview, the pop celebrity was asked how her love life was going. Like the role model that she is, Gaga states, "I just sleep with the guys in the band all the time because it’s easier."

I'm hoping that last little statement is part of her "act." She reminds me of this quote I read. But before I quote it, I have a disclaimer. I am not calling Gaga overly talented (because she is more creative) and I do not approve of that last statement about her love life, but she does remind me of this because she is absolutely crazy as a performer and somehow it works.

Quoted from Marianne Williamson in Return to Love: Reflections on a Course in Miracles:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?"

-Sarah Saltzman

Currently listening to: "Eet" by Regina Spektor

This content is solely the property of The Athens Blur Magazine and may not be re-produced without expressed written consent. The Athens Blur Magazine is an 8 issue/year music & variety publication proud to be based in the Classic City of Athens, Ga. For more information, please contact editorial@athensblur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment