Custom Search

Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Just Wright"

Photobucket

Due out 2010, Queen Latifah will star in a Cinderellaesque movie entitled "Just Wright." Not only does Latifah have a lot going for her based on her success as a rapper, model and actress but her costars are all well-known singers-turned-actors such as Common, Eve, Leona Lewis, Christina Aguilera, Wyclef Jean and will.i.am. The romantic comedy is a story about a female physical therapist falling in love with a basketball player while helping him recover from an injury.

Common wrote on his blog, “I’m very excited and feel super blessed to be able to be in my first leading role in a movie with Latifah and Paula Patton directed my Sanaa Hamri called Just Wright. I’ll get to play an NBA star. I get to live out my dreams in this movie. I can’t wait to hoop. I’ll keep ya’ll in tune with what’s going on."

The film was originally set up by Disney six years ago, but since then Fox Searchlight has picked the film up just as they did with box office success “Slumdog Millionaire.”

-Sarah Saltzman

Currently listening to: “Wake up” by Arcade 5

This content is solely the property of The Athens Blur Magazine and may not be re-produced without expressed written consent. The Athens Blur Magazine is an 8 issue/year music & variety publication proud to be based in the Classic City of Athens, Ga. For more information, please contact editorial@athensblur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment