Custom Search

Friday, September 4, 2009

Susan Boyle Sings Better Than Whitney Houston

Photobucket
SuBo is back and she’s better than ever. The recent runner-up on Britain’s Got Talent was an instant sensation after her premiere song, “I Dreamed A Dream,” and has returned from her crazy stint after her over exposure in the limelight. The quirky, sheltered Scot was a tad overwhelmed by her instant fame, and needed to take a step back for a while. However, Boyle’s debut single has hit top seller status on Amazon.com; and the SuBo song isn’t even available until November 24th of this year.

Yikes, that’s over-popularity at its finest. She didn’t even win Britain’s Got Talent and she doesn’t actually have that crazy good of a voice, but she is topping charts and beating out fames like Whitney Houston. At this point, pre-orders for “I Dreamed A Dream” have topped Houston’s much-anticipated comeback album, “I Look To You.” Proof that the media can turn heads however they wish, and make gullible audiences love the sweet grandmother look and personality of SuBo.

Okay, I’ll admit it, I teared up when I saw her first performance on YouTube and showed it to everyone I know. I guess that makes me one of the gullible masses. Nonetheless, I will not be purchasing her album. She makes for a good, heart-warming story but that is about as far as I’m willing to take SuBo.

-Marie Baginski
Currently listening to “Manhattan” by Kings of Leon

This content is solely the property of The Athens Blur Magazine and may not be re-produced without expressed written consent. The Athens Blur Magazine is an 8 issue/year music & variety publication proud to be based in the Classic City of Athens, Ga. For more information, please contact editorial@athensblur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment