Custom Search

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Phil Collins Will NEVER Drum Again

Photobucket
British luminary and former Genesis member, Phil Collins, has decided that his drumming career is kaput. After a major back injury, Collins admits that it is just too painful to continue rattling his drumsticks and he is hanging up his cymbals for good.

According to UK’s Daily Mail Reporter, Collins stated:
"I've got a condition that means I can't play any more. After playing drums for 50 years, I've had to stop. Obviously I'm very sad about it. My vertebrae have been crushing my spinal cord because of the position I drum in.”

At age 58, I’m not surprised Collins has experienced some difficulty with the high intensity physical activity associated with playing an instrument, especially in a professional setting. Luckily, Collins assures us that he can still sing. No worries, he’ll keep crooning ‘til he dies.

-Marie Baginski
Currently listening to “Love You Better” by The Maccabees

This content is solely the property of The Athens Blur Magazine and may not be re-produced without expressed written consent. The Athens Blur Magazine is an 8 issue/year music & variety publication proud to be based in the Classic City of Athens, Ga. For more information, please contact editorial@athensblur.com

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete